Sunburn & Burns20th July 2016
Today’s post is about sunburn & burns. I’m going to teach you how to deal with them!
Today’s post comes thanks to Lottie & her pan burn.
Also credit is due to my builder, Steve; Dan at the feed store (I have a smallholding) and a small child (we’ll call her Rosy) at the home educator’s group we went to today … all with sunburn.
This REALLY works for burns that happen in the home. Here’s Lottie, poised ready to tell you about how well this worked for her last week.
You may need to transfer to hospital if it is very bad … but on the way in, do the following:
Dose frequently with Cantharis in a 30c. Make up a bottle for your first aid kit so you are ready. If you are not ready … drop a pill in water, stir hard and take a sip. A few mins later, stir hard again and take a sip. Keep going until it no longer hurts … and restart if it starts to hurt again.
Lots of locals work outside and their faces suffered this week.
- Steve (builder) came in with sunburned eyelids, cheek bones and forehead … and swollen eyes. Even with sunglasses on, around noon it can catch you out.
- Dan at the feed store was a similar story … outdoor jobs still have to be done.
- The small child (Rosy) had been on the beach.
They had all used sunscreen. But sunscreen needs reapplying and it still won’t necessarily protect you at noon. Find your kids some shade from 11 – 2pm if it is really hot.
SUNBURN & BURNS ON HOLIDAY
When sunburn & burns on holiday (or at home) have
happened and it’s painfully untouchable & glowing like a radiator … think of Spanish Fly [aka Cantharis].
It’s in the Helios 36 Remedy First Aid Kit.
Phone them on 01892 537254. [This kit is only available by phone in the UK.]
- I’ve used it when my daughter was small and had boiling hot chicken soup knocked into her lap. No blistering, no scarring. (I did also cold bath her). I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was burned very badly as a child and was expecting hospitalisation.
- I had a similarly great experience about a month ago whilst making toffee. I poured it onto my left thumb. I leapt over the vacuum cleaner and the dog, whacked it under the cold tap and headed for my bottle of cantharis medical solution (kept in the draw out of light, with my other first aid remedies) and started shaking the bottle, dosing, and repeating. Amazing results! Pain was quickly gone and the blisters went down. I had no pain after that and the skin peeled a week or two later and I couldn’t remember why!
Here’s a pic of my first aid drawer, with medical solutions of arnica, aconite, belladonna, calendula, cantharis, hypericum, etc. You want one like this don’t you? Admit it! You want one!
Don’t suffer … just use Spanish Fly.