This is a ‘How To’ page.
- How to prepare and take a homeopathic solution.
- How to use a dilution glass [for sensitive patients]
Preparing and taking a homeopathic solution:
- 300ml/10 oz glass water bottle (sterilized and ideally coloured to exclude light. Clear glass can be used if you store it in the dark. Please don’t use old medicine bottles due to possible residues.) …. Don’t delay your remedy trying to find the ‘right’ bottle. A jam jar covered with a dark sock is often used by my patients!
- Spring water to fill the bottle to 2/3 full (not tap water due to chlorine, etc).
- 1 remedy pill from your prescription.
- 1 tbsp brandy or vodka (as a preservative).
This is safe for babies/children/pregnant women when diluted in 200ml of water as only a few drops will be taken. If you need to avoid alcohol, the med sol will last 3 days in a fridge and a fresh one will need to be made if taking the remedy for longer than 3 days.
- Add water, remedy pill, and alcohol to the bottle.
- Clearly label with date, contents and patient’s name.
- Store in a cool, dark place [especially if using a clear glass bottle] & out of the reach of children.
Before taking your dose ‘succuss’ as follows:
- Cap the bottle.
- Bash it bottom first, hard, onto a soft surface the prescribed number of times (or 3 times if no number is specified). This mixes and activates the remedy and must be done before every dose.Succussing is done to activate the remedy and very slightly raise the potency before each dose.
A few drops on a teaspoon to be taken on the tongue.
How to use a dilution glass:
If you have been asked to “take the remedy through a dilution glass” please follow these instructions:
Diluting a homeopathic solution dose:
- Make up your homeopathic solution.
- Succuss the required number of times.
- Take a few drops of your homeopathic solution and place into a drinking glass of spring water [‘dilution glass’].
- Stir and take a dose from this glass. A few drops on a teaspoon to be taken on the tongue.
- To take your next dose, succuss the homeopathic solution as instructed and repeat the process.
If you have been asked to take the “dose through 2 dilution glasses”
- Take a few drops from your dilution glass and place into a second drinking glass of spring water.
- Stir and take your dose from this 2nd glass. A few drops on a teaspoon to be taken on the tongue.
Diluting a dry pill dose:
- Make a homeopathic solution without alcohol.
- Stir the homeopathic solution [succuss the prescribed number of times if it is in a glass bottle].
- Take a few drops of the homeopathic solution and put into a drinking glass of spring water [the ‘dilution glass’].
- Stir & take your dose from this glass. A few drops on a teaspoon to be taken on the tongue.
If you have any questions message me at www.facebook.com/sallylloydhomeopathy