Level 1: Acute Illnesses/Minor Injuries
- self limiting and self-treatable.
- Minor injuries, viral illnesses & bacterial infections.
- Caused by an external force, forcing a reaction from your body.
Treating these with homeopathy is supportive to the body, and relatively simple.
- You can often do this yourself with a bit of research.
- Buy a good homeopathic first aid kit.
- Check out the First Aid tab on this website 🙂
- You can also ask me for help by making a free 15 minute appointment here: www.calendly.com/sallylloydhomeopathy/free
- If you are under the treatment of a homeopath, ask them before taking anything homeopathic as some remedies can disturb the action of others you took in the recent past.
Level 2: Sub-Acute Illnesses
On the next level are recurrent infections. You can treat these acutely and resolve them each time, but if they keep coming back you need to look for a remedy with deeper action (which covers all the symptoms more fully) because this is clearly a constitutional weakness in defences.
This is getting into a homeopath’s area of expertise.
Level 3: Chronic Illnesses
The symptoms come from the body’s own attempts to deal with an imbalance it doesn’t have the strength to entirely overcome.
We see by the order in which the body heals with homeopathy (and sometimes spontaneously) that it heals:
- internally then ever outward toward the least important organs & systems.
- The body prioritises healing & protection of the deeper, more essential functions (brain, emotional/mental health etc) as without these, death is rapid and certain, if you have to fend for yourself to survive.
- If the body can’t achieve complete healing it will park the remaining imbalance as far from its essential core as it can achieve, leaving you with an annoying and/or painful symptom. [Read: You Got Sick & Now To Get Well.]
If you treat a single symptom (skin rash) acutely at this stage you might palliate or suppress the symptom because you are not giving the body the strength to get over the hump. If the substance you use is strong enough to force the body to stop producing the symptom, the body (still suffering the imbalance) will have to retrench to a deeper level of imbalance – parking the imbalance at the level ie, of joints, lungs, etc.
Rheumatism, asthma & anxiety are commonly seen after suppressive treatment for skin eruptions. More rarely we see more serious outcomes such as seizures developing.
The difference between suppression and palliation is level of force.
Palliation is short lived & weak enough to not immediately result in a deeper level of disease.
Suppression by steroids clearly pushes the disease deeper and can only do so by overwhelming the body’s defences. With steroids we frequently see the following types of progression:
Much of my work as a homeopath involves gently bringing people back to health after steroids, NSAIDs and repeated antibiotics. Their old complaints (asthma, repeat infections, eczema) resurface because they were suppressed (not healed or grown out of!) & we come back to the simple problems they started with & work to heal those. [Read: You Got Sick & Now To Get Well.]
Thanks for reading this article. I hope it will enable you to make decisions more easily about what you can treat yourself and what to seek assistance with.
Please comment below with any questions you have and I’ll try to answer them for you.
Appointments can be booked at www.calendly.com/sallylloydhomeopathy for local and international patients. I’ll be happy to help you with your recovery.